找回密码
 立即注册

© 安琪尔 高级会员   /  2021-6-21 05:19  /   233 浏览 版权:保留作者信息

The morning sea of silence broke into ripples of bird songs; and the flowers were all merry by the roadside; and the wealth of gold was scattered through the rift of the clouds while we busily went on our way and paid no heed.

We sang no glad songs nor played; we went not to the village for barter; we spoke not a word nor smiled; we lingered not on the way. We quickened our pave more and more as the time sped by.

The sun rose to the mid sky and doves cooed in the shade. Withered leaves danced and whirled in the hot air of noon.

The shepherd boy drowsed and dreamed in the shadow of the banyan tree, and I laid myself down by the water and stretched my tired limbs on the grass.

My companions laughed at me in scorn; they held their heads high and hurried on; they never looked back nor rested; they vanished in the distant blue haze.

They crossed many meadows and hills, and passed through strange, far-away countries.

All honour to you, heroic host of the interminable path! Mockery and reproach pricked me to rise, but found no response in me.
I gave myself up for lost in the depth of a glad humiliation -- in the shadow of a dim delight.

The repose of the sun-embroidered green gloom slowly spread over my heart. I forgot for what I had travelled, and I surrendered my mind without struggle to the maze of shadows and songs.

At last, when I woke from my slumber and opened my eyes, I saw thee standing by me, flooding my sleep with thy smile.

How I had feared that the path was long and wearisome, and the struggle to reach thee was hard!

清晨沉静的海面在海鸟的鸣唱中,漾起微澜;路旁的花儿也陶然欢畅;万丈金光自云层的裂缝散射开来,忙于赶路的我们没有在意。

我们不欢歌也不嬉耍;我们不去趁墟;我们不苟言笑;我们不在路上逗留。随着时间的飞逝,我们加快了赶路的步伐。

太阳升至天顶,鸽子在阴凉处咕咕叫。枯叶旋舞在正午炙热的空中。

牧羊人昏昏欲睡,在榕树的阴翳中入梦。我在水边坐下,在草甸上摊开我疲倦的四肢。

我的同伴们耻笑我;他们昂首疾行;他们从不顾眄也不小憩;他们消失在远处的青霾中。

他们屡屡翻越草甸和山峦,历经众多陌生而遥远的国度。

光荣属于你,漫漫长途上英勇的主人们!嘲讽和斥责驱策我直起身来,但我的内心却没有回应。
我自暴自弃,偷安于快乐的羞耻深处——在一片昏蒙愉悦的阴影中。

阳光围绕绿荫的睡意,慢慢袭上心头。我忘了为什么来旅行,我的思想没有任何抵抗就屈服于光影与颂歌的迷宫。

最后,我从沉睡中醒来,睁开双眼,看见你站在我身旁,你的微笑从我的睡眠里漫溢而出。

我曾是多么惧怕旅途的漫长而疲乏呵,惧怕抵达你而饱受的困苦艰辛!

泰戈尔